Holding a ribbon cutting ceremony is a great way to introduce your business to the Evanston community.
- Ribbon cutting request should be forwarded to email@example.com or 847.328.1500, at the Chamber office
- Requesting parties are asked to provide three dates, beginning approx. one month from the request date
- The Chamber will forward the three dates requested to the Alderperson of the Ward where the business is located
- The Alderperson will reply with their availability and preferred date
- The Chamber will forward the chosen date to the Mayor’s office to inform the Mayor of the event – he will attend as able
- Once the date is determined, The Chamber will alert all Alderpersons, City Manager, City Economic Development staff, Downtown Evanston, Chicago North Shore Convention Bureau, Main-Dempster Mile, Central Street Merchants, and our other neighborhood groups, Evanston Chamber BOD, Evanston Chamber Ambassador committee
- Ribbon cuttings will be posted on the Chamber’s event calendar
- Ribbon cuttings will be announced via our weekly e-blasts that go to over 2,100, plus the Chamber media list, if the business wants it to be that public, and will also go out in a special ribbon cutting only e-blast just prior to the event
- The Chamber will attend if able, bring/or supply the scissors and the ribbon
- We request that cuttings do not occur on Friday night or over the weekend
- If the Chamber cannot attend, we will loan the scissors complete with a beautiful ribbon to the business
NOTE: If the scissors are loaned – the Chamber asks that they are returned by the receiver, the next business day, to the Chamber office, 1609 Sherman Ave., Suite 205
- If the Chamber is performing a cutting for a non-member, there is a $100 charge. Click HERE to become an Evanston Chamber Member!
- Any honors to be awarded at a Ribbon Cutting must be approved by the Chamber.
Additional Things You May Want To Consider
- Prepare and send a PDF invitation to the Chamber office that will go in the e-blast
- Hire a photographer to take photos at your event
- Provide light refreshments for guests
- You may wish to prepare a short statement about your business
- Promote your event to your contacts and media list
Questions? Please contact Evanston Chamber of Commerce staff at 847.328.1500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.