The Evanston Chamber is proud to recognize its past award recipients for their outstanding contributions to their business and community. LIST OF PAST AWARDEES
Businessperson of the Year
Honors an individual who has: actively participated and served as a leader in Evanston Chamber activities; demonstrated how business volunteerism can better the community and the Chamber; exemplified a long-term commitment to his/her business and community; and displayed innovation and/or entrepreneurialism along with business growth.
- 2018 Jill Bishop, Multilingual Connections
- 2017 Shaun Chinsky, Good’s of Evanston
- 2016 Joseph Liss, Porte Brown LLC
Community Leadership Person of the Year
Recognizes an individual who has demonstrated the ability to make Evanston a better place for its people and its institutions through: personal involvement and enthusiasm in a variety of civic and/or service organizations; innovation, commitment, and leadership; inspiring others to become involved; channeling private sector resources; efforts in improving the quality of life in the community; and connecting people and organizations to create community partnerships.
- 2018 Neil Gambow, Mayor’s Employer Council
- 2017 Elizabeth Tisdall, Mayor of Evanston
- 2016 Patrick Hughes, Jr., Inclusion Solutions
NonProfit/Public Service Person of the Year
Acknowledges an individual who has distinguished himself/herself in the public and/or non-profit sectors by demonstrating innovation, commitment, and leadership; working to advance Evanston and the organization he/she represents; responding to opportunities with creativity and efficiency; and creating awareness for his/her organization and its benefits to the Evanston community.
- 2018 Michele Berg, Rotary International
- 2017 Bea Rashid, Evanston Dance Ensemble
- 2016 Kevin Mott, Edward Jones Investments