Illinois Governor Pritzker released an Executive Order in Response to COVID-19 for all to STAY AT HOME effective March 21, 2020, at 5:00 pm. Please read it, follow it, and stay safe.
The biggest takeaway is to just stay home unless you’re shopping for essentials and picking up carry out. If you’re out wash hands, wipe down carts and baskets with disinfectant. And most of all stay within 6 feet of each other, otherwise called Social Distancing.
Evanston Restaurants Open for Delivery and Curbside Pickup!
Many of our Evanston restaurants are weathering the storm and staying open for the community.
Order in Tonight: Stay Calm and Carry Out
Establishments with essential goods and services (including health and human services, public works) will be OPEN during the state-wide Stay at Home ordinance, including:
- Banks and financial institutions
- Critical trades such as plumbers, electricians, exterminators, security personnel, etc.
- Gas stations, auto service, and convenience stores with grocery items
- Grocery stores
- Hardware and supply stores, home repair services
- Hotels and lodging
- Laundromats and laundry service
- Manufacturing and printing facilities, including printers and sign companies
- Medical offices
- Pet supply stores
- Post offices and other shipping services
- Public parks and open recreation areas
Parks may be closed at the discretion of each jurisdiction and playgrounds will be closed.
- Restaurants (for delivery or takeout only) and other food services
- Stores with cleaning and sanitation supplies
- Stores with electronic items
- Transportation, including airports, CTA and Metra
Check with each business by phone, email, or online communication to confirm if and when they are open and how best to work with them. Please follow social distancing and other safety precautions as you run errands or use needed services to help keep you, your family, and all the dedicated people at these organizations safe. For details, see the State of Illinois Stay at Home FAQs.
Find local businesses in the Evanston Chamber Business Directory.
An updated list from the Illinois Retail Merchants Association for senior citizens and other vulnerable populations.
And don’t forget to consider online shopping to support other local businesses that are currently unable to open their doors. Delivery is still available and many companies are running specials to thank customers during this time.
We are all in this together!