As daily life is changing for everyone in our local community during this global health crisis, the Evanston Chamber of Commerce wants to help businesses by providing resources for a range of information and support. We understand the need for information and support, especially in times of uncertainty. The Evanston Chamber is still operating and we are here to help in any way. Please stay in touch!
Check this website, the Chamber’s Facebook page, and our LinkedIn company page for updated information about assistance that may be available, as well as ways our incredible community is working to creatively support one another during this time.
We are all in on navigating the future amidst COVID-19. Mayor Hagerty created a task force to help with strategies and resources for Evanston businesses. The task force handling economic development includes the City of Evanston Economic Development division, The Evanston Chamber of Commerce, Downtown Evanston, The Main Dempster Mile and the Chicago NorthShore Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Local businesses and our commercial areas in general are facing the threat of significantly reduced foot traffic and sales, due to ever changing protocol and regulations regarding COVID-19. We’re living in unprecedented times, but for many, business must go on. As a small business owner, it’s hard to know where to turn and exactly how to proceed. This following list of resources for small businesses, as well as marketing strategies, will allow your business the opportunity to meet your consumers in the digital space.
The U.S. Treasury, IRS, and Labor Department announced a plan to implement Coronavirus-related paid leave for workers and tax credits for small- and mid-size businesses to swiftly recover the cost of providing Coronavirus-related leave.
This relief to employees and small and midsize businesses is provided under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (Act), signed by President Trump on March 18, 2020. Read more >
NEW: SBA Illinois Disaster Loan Webinars
- Online training available for small businesses impacted by coronavirus
See Small Business Events
NEW: SBA Small Business Loan Information
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
Federal Level Assistance
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Loans
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Disaster Loan Program
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Lender Match Program
Lender Match is a free online referral tool that connects small business with participating SBA-approved lenders
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan Eligibility
State of Illinois Level Assistance
- IDES Unemployment Benefits for employees
- State of Illinois COVID-19 Small Business Impact Survey
- IDES Unemployment Insurance
- State of Illinois Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response: FOR BUSINESS
- State of Illinois Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response: Food Service FAQs
- State of Illinois Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response: Unemployment FAQs
- Evanston Edge: COVID-19 Resources
City of Evanston Economic Development Division
- City of Evanston: COVID-19 FAQs
Including information about city services and support for local businesses
- City of Evanston: General Assistance Program
One of the more important criteria is that all available funds in a person’s bank account has to be exhausted.