The Evanston Chamber is proud to recognize its award recipients for their outstanding contributions to their business and community.
Businessperson of the Year
Honors an individual who has: actively participated and served as a leader in Evanston Chamber activities; demonstrated how business volunteerism can better the community and the Chamber; exemplified a long-term commitment to his/her business and community; and displayed innovation and/or entrepreneurialism along with business growth.
- 2020 Sandy Chen, Koi
- 2019 Jill Kushner-Bishop, Multilingual Connections
- 2018 Robert Yohanan, First Bank of Evanston
- 2017 Shaun Chinsky, Good’s of Evanston
Community Leadership Person of the Year
Recognizes an individual who has demonstrated the ability to make Evanston a better place for its people and its institutions through: personal involvement and enthusiasm in a variety of civic and/or service organizations; innovation, commitment, and leadership; inspiring others to become involved; channeling private sector resources; efforts in improving the quality of life in the community; and connecting people and organizations to create community partnerships.
- 2020 Richard (Dick) Peach
- 2019 Neil Gambow, Mayor’s Employer Council
- 2018 Keith Terry
- 2017 Elizabeth Tisdall, Mayor of Evanston
NonProfit/Public Service Person of the Year
Acknowledges an individual who has distinguished himself/herself in the public and/or non-profit sectors by demonstrating innovation, commitment, and leadership; working to advance Evanston and the organization he/she represents; responding to opportunities with creativity and efficiency; and creating awareness for his/her organization and its benefits to the Evanston community.
- 2020 Steve Newman, Evanston Scholars
- 2019 Michele Berg, Rotary International
- 2018 Joanna Pinksy, Art Encounter
- 2017 Bea Rashid, Evanston Dance Ensemble