The Evanston Chamber is proud to recognize its past award recipients for their outstanding contributions to their business and community.
Businessperson of the Year
Honors an individual who has: actively participated and served as a leader in Evanston Chamber activities; demonstrated how business volunteerism can better the community and the Chamber; exemplified long-term commitment to his/her business and community; and displayed innovation and/or entrepreneurialism along with business growth.
- 2016 Joseph Liss, CPA — Porte Brown LLC
- 2015 Steve Hagerty — Hagerty Consulting
- 2014 Joe Romano — Romano Wealth Mgmt.
- 2013 John J. Cahill — John J. Cahill, Inc.
- 2012 Maggie & Dean Noonan — Sips on Sherman
- 2011 Frank Muns — Allegra | Marketing | Print | Signs
- 2011 Kyle Kurz — Allegra | Marketing | Print | Signs
- 2010 Chris Mailing
- 2009 Robert & Fred Piron — Belgian Chocolatier Piron, Inc.
- 2008 Mary Gavin — Evanston RoundTable
- 2007 Glenn Moak — Duxler Complete Auto Care
- 2006 Hecky Powell — Hecky’s BBQ
- 2005 Daniel Kelch
- 2004 Pat Cunningham — Now Lincoln Park Evanston Althletic Club
- 2003 Marian & Bob Kurz — Kurz & Company
- 2002 Mathew David — Davis Street Fish Market
- 2002 Larry Huber
- 2002 Scot McKay
- 2001 Cease & Paul Giddings — Folkworks Gallery
- 2000 Tom & Patty Erd — The Spice House
- 1999 Katie & Don Bally — Alarm Detection Systems
- 1998 Judy & Bill Hooper
- 1997 Gerald & Susan Morris
- 1996 Lucile Krasnow — Northwestern University
- 1995 Henry Funkenbusch — Stitchmine
- 1994 Alex Sproul — Transportation Consultant
- 1993 Harvey Pranian — Young Evanston Artists
Community Leadership Person of the Year
Recognizes an individual who has demonstrated the ability to make Evanston a better place for its people and its institutions through: personal involvement and enthusiasm in a variety of civic and/or service organizations; innovation, commitment, and leadership; inspiring others to become involved; channeling private sector resources; efforts in improving the quality of life in the community; and connecting people and organizations to create community partnerships.
- 2016 Patrick Hughes, Jr. — Inclusion Solutions
- 2015 Bill Logan — Chessmen, FAAM, Rotary, ECF Board Mbr
- 2014** Jane Doyle — Center for Independent Futures
- 2013** Eugene Sunshine — Northwestern University
- 2012 Cease & Paul Giddings — Folkworks Gallery
- 2011 Sara Schastok — Evanston Community Foundation
- 2010 Marian & Bob Kurz — Kurz & Company
- 2009 Lorraine Morton — former Mayor of Evanston
- 2008 Judith Aiello — Evanston Community Foundation
- 2007 Frank Kaminski — Kiwanis Club of Evanston
- 2006 Bob Heiberger — Evanston Bond & Mortgage Co.
- 2005 Howard Kain — First Bank & Trust
- 2004 Richard Romano — Romano Brothers & Co.
- 2003 Dan Phillips
- 2002 Frank Foster
- 2001 James Lytle — First Bank & Trust
- 2000 Ingrid Stafford — Northwestern University
- 1999 Joseph Levy — Levy Venture Management
- 1998 Terrence Jenkins
- 1997 Ira Golan — North Shore Retirement Hotel
- 1996 John Taylor, III
- 1995 Leon Robinson, Jr. — Robinson Rentals
- 1994 George Cyrus — Cyrus Realty Group, Inc.
- 1993 Bruce Goodman — Bruce K. Goodman & Co.
NonProfit/Public Service Person of the Year
Acknowledges an individual who has distinguished himself/herself in the public and/or non-profit sectors by: demonstrating innovation, commitment and leadership; working to advance Evanston and the organization he/she represents; responding to opportunities with creativity and efficiency; and creating awareness for his/her organization and its benefits to the Evanston community.
- 2016 Kevin Mott — Edward Jones Investments
- 2015 Paul Selden — Connections for the Homeless
- 2012 Sylvia & Larry DiStasi — The Actors Gymnasium
- 2011 Bill Geiger
- 2010 Gerald Gulley
- 2009 Bridget McDonough — Light Opera Works Rehearsal Center
- 2008 Fr. Robert Oldershaw — St. Nicholas Parish
- 2007 Don Baker
** In 2013 and 2014, the Community Leadership and NonProfit/Public Service Awards were combined