The Evanston Chamber is proud to recognize its past award recipients for their outstanding contributions to their business and community.
Businessperson of the Year
Honors an individual who has: actively participated and served as a leader in Evanston Chamber activities; demonstrated how business volunteerism can better the community and the
Chamber; exemplified a long-term commitment to his/her business and community, and displayed innovation and/or entrepreneurialism along with business growth.
- 2016 Joseph Liss, CPA — Porte Brown LLC
- 2015 Steve Hagerty — Hagerty Consulting
- 2014 Joe Romano — Romano Wealth Mgmt.
- 2013 John J. Cahill — John J. Cahill, Inc.
- 2011 Frank Muns — Allegra | Marketing | Print | Signs
- 2012 Maggie & Dean Noonan — Sips on Sherman
- 2011 Kyle Kurz — Allegra | Marketing | Print | Signs
- 2010 Chris Mailing
- 2009 Robert & Fred Piron — Belgian Chocolatier Piron, Inc.
- 2008 Mary Gavin — Evanston RoundTable
- 2007 Glenn Moak — Duxler Complete Auto Care
Community Leadership Person of the Year
Recognizes an individual who has demonstrated the ability to make Evanston a better place for its people and its institutions through: personal involvement and enthusiasm in a variety of civic and/or service organizations; innovation, commitment, and leadership; inspiring others to become involved; channeling private sector resources; efforts in improving the quality of life in
the community; and connecting people and organizations to create community partnerships.
- 2017 Elizabeth Tisdall – Mayor
- 2016 Patrick Hughes, Jr. — Inclusion Solutions
- 2015 Bill Logan — Chessmen, FAAM, Rotary, ECF Board Mbr
- 2014** Jane Doyle — Center for Independent Futures
- 2013** Eugene Sunshine — Northwestern University
- 2012 Cease & Paul Giddings — Folkworks Gallery
- 2011 Sara Schastok — Evanston Community Foundation
- 2010 Marian & Bob Kurz — Kurz & Company
- 2009 Lorraine Morton — former Mayor of Evanston
- 2008 Judith Aiello — Evanston Community Foundation
- 2007 Frank Kaminski — Kiwanis Club of Evanston
NonProfit/Public Service Person of the Year
Acknowledges an individual who has distinguished himself/herself in the public and/or non-profit sectors by demonstrating innovation, commitment, and leadership; working to advance Evanston and the organization he/she represents; responding to opportunities with creativity and efficiency; and creating awareness for his/her organization
and its benefits to the Evanston community.
- 2017 Bea Rashid – Evanston Dance Ensemble
- 2016 Kevin Mott — Edward Jones Investments
- 2015 Paul Selden — Connections for the Homeless
- 2012 Sylvia & Larry DiStasi — The Actors Gymnasium
- 2011 Bill Geiger
- 2010 Gerald Gulley
- 2009 Bridget McDonough — Light Opera Works Rehearsal Center
- 2008 Fr. Robert Oldershaw — St. Nicholas Parish
- 2007 Don Baker
** In 2013 and 2014, the Community Leadership and NonProfit/Public Service Awards were combined